Poverty Hurts Appeal 2022 has received a donation, donate to this cause to help reach the fundraising target!
Poverty Hurts Appeal 2022
Raised so far
Our thanks to every single person who has donated. Please click here to learn more about how you have made a difference.
Join a leading group of supporters who share your passion for fighting poverty.
Poverty is becoming a harsh reality for more and more families and individuals across County Durham. The region now has the highest rate of child poverty anywhere in the UK, limiting the hopes and opportunities of thousands across the county who have so much to offer. Action is urgently needed.
That’s why we’re calling on the kindness of those who can, to help. Join a leading group of supporters who share your passion for fighting poverty and help us raise £1m to stop hardship hurting our communities.
How you can help, today
By pledging your support to the Poverty Hurts Appeal, you’ll help County Durham Community Foundation support families choosing between heating and eating, older people at risk of poor health and death due to cold homes, young people leaving care, children without warm winter coats and many more.
- 38% of children in the region now live below the poverty line
- One million households in the North were fuel poor before the current crisis, noted a report by All-Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) Child of the North
- Food support services say requests for food that does not need to be cooked have risen by 50%
Every penny donated will support the local projects making a huge difference for people and communities facing crisis and hardship. And for every £1 received, we’ll match it with 50p to create a future legacy of support from the Appeal.*
Every donation, from £10 to £10k can change a life, by backing community projects that can help people through the cost-of-living crisis with dignity.
Last year, one £1,000 grant alone helped 186 people, including 81 children. We CAN make a difference.
- Provide trusted advice, food and uniform support, access to IT and period products for families unable to make ends meet
- Boost foodbank supplies when public donations dwindle
- Fund hot meals for people at risk of severe hardship and poor health
- Provide essential care for families facing poverty after fleeing domestic violence
- Heat lunch club venues that keep older people well fed, connected and warm
Individuals and businesses that support the Appeal will receive:
- Match funding of 50p on the £1 (Ts and Cs Apply)
- Thanks on social media and online
- PR opportunities and event invites
- Supporter newsletter and logo
- A summary of how you or your company can benefit by giving from a tax perspective
Read much more about the groups we fund here.
For more information, please contact our friendly team today.
Poverty Hurts Appeal 2022 has launched a fundraising campaign, show your support with a donation!